Veggie Beef Soup. Try this vegetable beef soup recipe and get more comfort food recipes and ideas from Food.com. Loosely based on a gourmet cooking magazine's recipe for Beef Barley soup, I didn't have any barley. All Reviews for Slow Cooker Veggie-Beef Soup with Okra.
How do you make vegetable beef soup? This soup starts with beef stew meat, which is browned along with carrots, onions and celery. The beef and veggies go into a big pot with tomatoes, beef. You can have Veggie Beef Soup using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Veggie Beef Soup
- You need 1 Carton of Low Sodium Vegetable Stock or Broth.
- It’s 1 of Large Can Tomato Juice.
- You need 1 lb. of Ground Beef, cooked til no longer pink n grease drained.
- It’s of Variety of Fresh or Frozen Vegetables of your choice.
- Prepare of I used: Zucchini, Tomatoes, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Broccoli,.
- You need of Carrots, Celery, and Yellow Squash.
Some call it hamburger soup, others call it vegetable beef soup. Whatever you call it, this Instant Pot recipe is exactly the kind of comfort food you want. This homemade vegetable beef soup is super easy to make, so hearty and filling. Find out how to Broth: Beef or veggie broth would work great.
Veggie Beef Soup Step by step
- Rinse all the vegetables and dry. Chop vegetables into bite size chunks. Add chopped veggies to a large cooking pot. Add the vegetable stock or broth and the tomato juice..
- Bring everything to a boil. Stirring occasionally. Then lower heat to medium low and simmer til all vegetables are tender..
- Then serve immediately. Store any leftovers in freezer zip lock bags once soup is completely cooled for an easy week night meal anytime..
You could always use water if you don't have any broth. John makes his own broth and cleans out the freezer! Using minute steak, frozen vegetables and quinoa results in a great soup! I love how easy this soup can be thrown together. Simply brown the meat and sauté the veggies.