"Rule of 5" Prime Rib.
You can cook "Rule of 5" Prime Rib using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of "Rule of 5" Prime Rib
- You need 1 of Prime Rib roast (bone in).
- Prepare 1/2 lb of garlic butter.
- You need of Herbs of your choice.
"Rule of 5" Prime Rib instructions
- First preheat oven to 500°F. While that is warming up let's do the math. For this purpose we will use the roast I have here. It is 11.2 lbs..
- Let's do the math. 5 minutes per pound. 11.25 × 5 = 56.25 minutes. Now we round up to the nearest minute. So our time will be 57 minutes of cooking time.
- Now let's rub our roast with the garlic butter..
- Sprinkle with your desired herbs. Can be anything from salt and pepper, to a prime rib rub. Again your choice..
- Now we cook it in oven for exactly the calculated time. 57 minutes. Once the time has finished. Shut oven off. Set timer for 2 more hours. DO NOT OPEN OVEN. This is extremely important or it will not be cooked properly..
- Once the 2 hours has finished. Your roast is ready to serve. I debone it before cutting..
- IMPORTANT: The roast must be at room temperature before starting this process. It is recommended to leave roast on counter for approximately 6 hours..