'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup.
You can have 'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of dry green peas.
- You need 2 quart of stock.
- It’s 2 stick of celery.
- You need 2 cup of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of ham hock.
- It’s 1 cup of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 of 1bay leaf.
'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup instructions
- Heat cooking pot with olive oil (med). Chopped onion, celery, and carrots and add to cooking pot..
- Saute veggies for 10 mins, add stock/broth, bay leaf, and ham hock..
- Bring broth to boil, then simmer on med low for 60 mins or until lentils are soft..
- When lentils are soft, remove bay leaf(s). Remove ham hocks and set aside to cool..
- Pour cooking pot contents into a drainer to allow the liquid to separate from the lentil and veggies..
- Put lentils and veggies into a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. If soup is too thick, add some of the drained out liquid. Chop ham and add to soup..