Pasta Salad (with Beans). I like to prepare this special green bean pasta salad with fresh green beans and homegrown dill. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Cook pasta according to package directions.
Fill up this pasta and beans salad even more. Experiment by adding some of your favorite veggies for an even more nutritious salad. This recipe combines pasta with beans and fresh vegetables for a more substantial picnic salad. You can make Pasta Salad (with Beans) using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta Salad (with Beans)
- Prepare 1 box of Tri-colored noodles.
- You need 1 bottle of Italian dressing.
- It’s 1 can of kidney beans.
- You need 3 of carrots.
- Prepare 3 of celery hearts.
- It’s 4 of artichoke hearts.
- Prepare 1 of cucumber.
- You need 1 of green pepper.
- It’s 1 of parmesan or whichever cheeses you like.
The dressing is a simple vinaigrette – no mayo – so the flavors stay fresh and bright. I like to use a small hollow pasta like pipe rigate, which are stubby little curlicues that look like the end of a pipe! Mix pasta, peppers, beans and bacon. For the dressing, crush gorgonzola cheese with a fork and whisk in with cream, vinegar, oil and season with salt and pepper.
Pasta Salad (with Beans) Instructions
- Boil noodles as directed.
- Heat up the kidney beans to a simmer.
- While noodles and kidney beans are cooking, skin the carrots, chop up all your vegetables..
- After everything is chopped up, put in bowl and set aside..
- Drain noodles and drain the beans..
- Add vegetables, noodles and beans together in a big serving bowl and stir together..
- Now add cheese and half of the salad dressing and stir well..
- Refrigerate for 30+ minutes depending on how cold you like pasta. Serve topped with whatever else you enjoy.
- DON'T LIMIT TO MY VEGETABLES! YOU CAN ADD WHATEVER ELSE YOU LIKE. I.e. Olives, ham, other cheeses, tomatoes. The more colorful, the healthier..
Mix with pasta salad, cover and let sit in the refrigerator for a while before serving. Easy Side Salad for the weekend. Toss your favorite pasta, corn, onions, tomatoes, peppers, black beans or other beans. This salad is flexible to taste. The dressing uses beans to make it creamy, instead of oil.