Roasted Prime Rib with fresh herb rub.
You can have Roasted Prime Rib with fresh herb rub using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Prime Rib with fresh herb rub
- You need 2 sticks of softened butter.
- You need 10-12 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of each minced rosemary and thyme (fresh).
- You need 2 tablespoons of pepper.
- You need 4 tablespoons of salt.
- It’s of Meat Thermometer: Best tool for expensive meat; a digital thermometer that has an alarm, with a cord or wireless for outside of the oven.
Roasted Prime Rib with fresh herb rub instructions
- Take roast out of fridge, pat dry with paper towel, sprinkle and slightly press half of the salt all over and allow to rest for about an hour or two; should still be cold to the touch, but closer to room temp..
- Preheat to 500°.
- Mix all the other ingredients together to form a paste, pat dry again, and then rub it all over the meat..
- Set on roasting rack, and then into heavyweight pan. Set oven rack so roast is in the center of oven..
- 1st roasting option: cook 5-7 mins per pound at 500° and then shut the oven off and DO NOT OPEN IT AT ALL for at least an hour. (5 for boneless, 7 for bone in).
- 2nd roasting option: cook for 15-20 minutes at 500°, then drop down to 325° until desired temp is reached. This way works best if you’re attempting to bake something else simultaneously. 15 mins boneless, 20 bone in at 500°..
- For Medium rare, set the thermometer alarm to 138°..
- Allow to rest at least ten minutes before slicing..