Brad's sweet and spicy hoisin chicken stir fry. Garlic, crushed red pepper, and chili paste add heat; hoisin sauce and ginger sweeten the deal. I made some alterations: we marinated the chicken in soy sauce/garlic/ginger/splenda I also made extra sauce adding a bit more hoisin sauce and added some. Savory Hoisin Ginger Chicken Stir Fry smothered in a dynamic sauce that your family will gobble up in minutes!
For chicken stir fry to beat out Girl Scout cookies for a snack, you know it has to be good! You can use any vegetable you like in this chicken stir fry, but I chose sugar snap peas because they cook up so quickly without any blanching or pre-cooking required. The sauce for this stir fry is easy to adjust if you want to cut back the heat. You can create Brad's sweet and spicy hoisin chicken stir fry using 28 ingredients and 9 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's sweet and spicy hoisin chicken stir fry
- It’s of For the chicken.
- You need 2 lbs of chicken breast, cubed.
- Prepare 2 tbs of seasoned rice wine vinegar.
- You need 2 tbs of mirin.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Flour.
- It’s of For the sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 1/2 c of lemongrass tea, made in my prawn w/black bean sauce recipe.
- You need 1/2 cup of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mirin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilie flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped crystallized ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbs of dark rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sriracha sauce.
- It’s of For the vegetables.
- Prepare 4 of LG carrots sliced thin.
- You need 2 of LG broccoli crowns, cut into florets.
- It’s 1 (8 Oz) of can sliced water chestnuts.
- It’s 1 of yellow crooked neck squash, julienne.
- Prepare 1 tbs of butter.
- It’s of White wine.
- You need of Other ingredients.
- You need of Lime wedges.
- You need of Prepared white rice.
- It’s of Toasted sesame seeds.
- You need of Slivered almonds.
I would suggest just adding two tablespoon of the chili sauce to the sauce We are big lovers of spicy things in our house. My hubby more then me, but I do love spicy foods. This sauce is to die for! Serve the stir-fry mixture over hot cooked rice or Asian noodles.
Brad's sweet and spicy hoisin chicken stir fry Instructions
- Combine chicken, vinegar, mirin, and garlic powder in a bowl. Stir well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hrs. Stir every 45 minutes..
- Mix the sauce ingredients together. Let sit at least an hour.
- Mix flour and cornstarch in a LG mixing bowl..
- Dredge chicken pieces in the mixture..
- Heat oil to 360 degrees in a LG frying pan 1/2 inch deep. Fry chicken pieces until brown on both sides. It's OK if they are a little undercooked in the middle. Drain on paper towels..
- Heat butter in a LG wok over medium high heat. Add carrots. Saute for 4 or 5 minutes until they start to caramelize. Add broccoli and saute 3 more minutes. When broccoli starts to brown, add wine in 1/8 cup increments cover and steam. Repeat until veggies are tender..
- When tender, add chicken back to pan. Saute 1 minute. Add water chestnuts and sauce. Bring to a simmer stirring often. Once at a simmer, hold for 2 or 3 minutes. Then add cornstarch slurry until it reaches desired thickness..
- Plate rice, serve stir fry over top. Garnish with lime wedge, toasted sesame seeds, slivered almonds, and julienne squash..
- Serve immediately. Enjoy..
A tutorial of Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry in one pan. The aromatic sauce is made with Szechuan dried chilies, peppercorn and sweet Hoisin sauce. Spicy Peanut Hoisin Stir Fry Bowls – Pork, Turkey, or Chicken. Hoisin is a great all-purpose sweet and tangy sauce that can be used on its own or as a base of more complex sauces. Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry is a quick and easy one-dish meal that will be be your family nex favorite dish.