Red lentil chick pea curry soup.
You can have Red lentil chick pea curry soup using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red lentil chick pea curry soup
- It’s of soup ingredients.
- You need 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 5 1/2 cup of vegetable or chicken broth.
- Prepare 5 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of hot sauce.
- It’s 1 lb of red lentils.
- You need 1 bunch of Swiss chard, middle stem removed, chopped leaves..
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of or 1 can drained chick peas (garbanzo beans).
- You need of toppings/garnishes.
- You need 1 of cooked quinoa.
- Prepare 1 of plain yogurt.
Red lentil chick pea curry soup step by step
- In a large stock pot, saute onion in olive oil til soft..
- Add vegetable broth, seasonings, Swiss chard, lentils, and chick peas. Simmer til peas are soft..
- Top with a dollop of yogurt and a spoonful of warm quinoa – yum!.