Summer Shrimp Pasta Salad. Make this easy shrimp and pasta salad for your next picnic or potluck! It's made with tiny pink shrimp, pasta, a handful of veggies, and a simple lemon vinaigrette. I made this dish last night and it was wonderful.
In this salad, the hot pasta will wilt the spinach and soften the squash. Firm tofu, cut into cubes and cooked in a nonstick pan, can be used in place of shrimp. When you have beautiful and seasonal ingredients on hand, turning out a delicious meal is so simple. You can have Summer Shrimp Pasta Salad using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Summer Shrimp Pasta Salad
- Prepare 1 box of Angel Hair Pasta.
- Prepare 1 lb of Any size shrimp, Thawed..
- You need 1/2 cup of Green onion, Chopped.
- Prepare 6 oz of Feta Cheese.
- You need 1/2 can of Hot Rotel.
- You need 1 bunch of Cilantro chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 3 oz of Black Olives.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 of Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt.
- You need 1 dash of ground black pepper.
- You need 3 of pads of Butter.
- You need 1 of lemon.
That's the main idea behind today's squash-, spinach. I adore shrimp, so discovering it in this pasta salad recipe was a real treat for me. The lemon-dill sauce is light and bright. Shrimp Pasta Salad Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
Summer Shrimp Pasta Salad Preparation
- Boil pasta according to directions..
- Thaw Shrimp and sautee in butter and Extra Virgin Olive Oil and garlic. Cook for 2 mins on each side or until done. Squeeze 1/2 lemon to shrimp while it sautees..
- Once pasta is done, run under cold water. Add Olive oil so it won't stick. Shrimp should be done..
- Chop green onion and cilantro. Add to cold pasta and toss with shrimp.
- Add feta, 1/2 can of drained rotel, can of black olives and season with Cavender's Seasoning to your liking..
- Toss in a little more Olive oil and refrigerate overnight or enjoy right away..
- ENJOY ;).
To make the pasta salad I used my favorite brand of pasta, Delallo with their Ricotta and Spinach Tortellini. I LOVE a good tortellini salad in the summer, adding shrimp adds lean protein and keeps the calories low. It's also delicious, every time I make it people ask me for the recipe. This shrimp and pasta salad is the perfect main dish salad for a hot summer lunch or dinner. The dressing is a lightly seasoned mayonnaise mixture with some spicy brown mustard to give it tanginess.