Italian orzo pasta salad. This light pasta salad is an ideal summer side dish for any potluck or picnic. It's also great for a weeknight dinner. Italian Orzo Salad Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
Italian pasta salad is a classic American dish, despite sneaking the word Italian in the. Orzo – Orzo can be a bit more difficult to find than other pastas, but you can substitute any small-shaped pasta in its place. If you're not concerned about keeping this Italian Orzo Salad vegan, Parmesan cheese would be awesome on this salad, as would fresh mozzarella, or even diced salami. You can make Italian orzo pasta salad using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian orzo pasta salad
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen peas thawed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of feta cheese.
- You need 1 cup of prosciutto chopped bite size.
- Prepare 1 cup of pepperoni chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 large of red onion chopped.
- You need 1 of cup black olives.
- It’s 1 box of orzo pasta.
- It’s 1/2 of bottle of good quality italian vinaigrette.
- You need 1/4 cup of blue cheese.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of cherry tomatoes.
Classic Italian orzo pasta salad, complete with a homemade dressing and mini pepperonis. This traditional American pasta salad is great with an orzo pasta. So many tasty Italian pasta salads to choose from. Antipasto and pesto salads, creamy or tangy salads, and many more.
Italian orzo pasta salad Preparation
- Remove peas from the freezer.Cook orzo pasta as directed on box. Strain water. Add butter and salad dressing let cool..
- Chop onion, add all other ingredients including onion. Stir. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
This Italian pasta salad features all the caprese ingredients and then some: mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, plus artichoke hearts and arugula. This Italian Orzo Tuna Salad recipe is one of my all-time faves — fresh, zesty, savory, and blessedly mayo-free. Gotta say, I never really considered To make this Italian orzo tuna salad recipe, you will need: Pasta: I used orzo, but any shape will do. Tuna: Any variety of canned tuna that you prefer will. I was inspired to make this because I went on a Salami Bender* after the Salami Cream Cheese Roll I shared a couple of weeks ago.