Black-eyed pea soup. Is black eyed pea soup healthy? Wealth and traditions aside, I love the healthy, nutritious focus on this soup. I eat this soup all winter long because it's This Instant Pot Black Eyed Pea Soup is an easy and fast way to serve traditional black eyed peas and greens on New Year's day for good luck and.
This black eyed pea soup recipe is a flavorful and healthy way to enjoy a soul food staple. It's cheap, tasty, low maintenance, and can be stretched into multiple recipes. Heck excluding the recipe part, I could be describing myself lol. You can have Black-eyed pea soup using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black-eyed pea soup
- It’s 28 oz of can whole tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 lb of black-eyed peas.
- You need 1 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 2 quart of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chicken bouillon.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Worcester sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of carrots, sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of celery, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Green pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of cooked turkey breast (or sausage), chopped.
It's not your traditional creamy southern style black-eyed peas. Need this black-eyed pea soup recipe to be gluten-free as well? Omit the macaroni and just be sure to use a gluten-free vegetable broth; easy enough to do if you make your own homemade vegetable broth, or, if you're using store-bought, just check the ingredients list or the label as some will be gluten-free. Top vegetarian-black-eyed-pea-soup recipes just for you.
Black-eyed pea soup instructions
- Combine 1st 11 ingredients & bring to boil. Reduce heat & simmer uncovered for 30 minutes..
- Stir in carrots, celery, pepper & parsley – simmer 30 minutes..
- Add turkey & simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender..
Smoky Black Eyed Pea and Ham Soup Positively PACKED with incredible flavor and loaded wholesome ingredients, this black This smoky black eyed pea and ham soup, with its of touch of Southern flair, it's creamy texture, and deliciously rich flavor is sure to become a favorite in your home! Learn how to make Black-Eyed Pea Soup. Black-Eyed Pea Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Have you cooked with Black-Eyed Peas before? My dad grew up in Tennessee, so while I'm not southern myself, I do recall eating a lot of Black-Eyed Peas (or as.