Split Pea Soup with Ham.
You can cook Split Pea Soup with Ham using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Split Pea Soup with Ham
- Prepare 2 lb. of dried split peas.
- It’s 11 1/2 of cups.
- Prepare 4 of chicken bouillon.
- You need 2 lb. of ham on bone.
- You need 4-5 clove of garlic minced or pressed.
- It’s 2 of carrots sliced or ½ cup shredded.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks leave and all medium chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion minced.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 pinch of Kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of Fresh black pepper.
- Prepare of Chopped cooked bacon; if there isn’t any ham or additional needed.
Split Pea Soup with Ham instructions
- Add the water bouillon cubes, seasonings (oregano, bayleef, black pepper, cayenne pepper) and hambone together. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for the next half hour..
- Start chopping onions celery garlic and carrots. Add in the peas and stir frequently. Then adding the chopped vegetables. Continue to start frequently. To prevent from sticking to the bottom of the pot..
- After about an hour and a half simmering. Carefully remove the Ham bone from the mixture. Remove any additional Ham removing the fat as well. Chop up finally and add the Ham back into the soup discarding the bone..
- Additional seasoning taste and serve..