Brad's keto friendly walleye w/ basil caper browned butter sauce. Large sea scallops, seared and topped with brown butter sauce with capers and lemon zest. The browned butter enhances the natural butteriness of the scallops, while the wine, lemon, and capers help cut through the richness of the scallops. It's pretty easy to overcook browned butter and go from brown to burnt.
Remove remaining butter from one of the skillets and add the fresh butter. Heat until the butter begins to brown. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and capers. You can have Brad's keto friendly walleye w/ basil caper browned butter sauce using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's keto friendly walleye w/ basil caper browned butter sauce
- It’s of For the fish.
- You need 2 lbs of walleye fillets.
- Prepare of Salt, black pepper, garlic powder.
- It’s of Canola oil for frying.
- Prepare of For the veggies.
- Prepare 1 of zucchini.
- It’s 2 of yellow crooked neck squash.
- Prepare 1 of shallot.
- It’s 2 of leeks.
- Prepare 3 stalks of celery.
- It’s 1 bunch of baby boy choy, just the white.
- You need of For the sauce.
- You need 12 tbs of sweet cream butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white wine.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil.
- It’s 3 tbs of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbs of capers, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1 pinch of granulated chicken bouillon.
Pour sauce over fish and serve. You can use brown butter in its liquid state or cool it into a solid and substitute it in recipes for regular butter. Butternut Squash Ravioli wht Sage-Brown Butter Sauce Now, see how to use brown butter in.
Brad's keto friendly walleye w/ basil caper browned butter sauce Preparation
- Start the sauce. In a pan, melt butter over medium low heat. Keep a close eye on it. The solids in the butter will separate and go to the bottom. Stir. Watch while the solids brown. When they brown, remove from heat and place in a separate bowl to stop the cooking process. Be careful or you will burn it. Set aside..
- Lay out fish. Sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper and garlic. Let sit a few minutes.
- Wipe out pan with paper towels. Heat a little oil in the same pan. Add sliced shallots, sliced leeks, and sliced celery. Saute until shallots turn translucent. Add rest of veggies and saute until tender..
- Heat a pan with a little more oil. Fry fish couple minutes per side until flaky..
- Meanwhile, heat another pan without any oil. Add rest of sauce ingredients. Simmer until wine and lemon juice reduce to just 2 tbs liquid. Mix browned butter in and heat through..
- Plate veggies. Lay fish on top. Drizzle sauce over the top. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Brown butter truly is a one-ingredient sauce that makes pretty much anything fancier. And while the nutty richness of brown butter is easy to love, it lacks acidity. Adding a big squeeze of lemon juice to it solves this problem and the result is a more complex, balanced sauce that was really no more difficult. Pick leaves off basil and roughly chop. Rinse, trim off ends and thinly slice green garlic.