Risi e bisi (Rice and peas).
You can have Risi e bisi (Rice and peas) using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Risi e bisi (Rice and peas)
- Prepare 250 grams of bacon bits.
- It’s 2 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1 can of fresh garden peas (410g).
- You need 1 of onion (roughly chopped).
Risi e bisi (Rice and peas) step by step
- Fry the chopped onion until properly glazed..
- Add the bacon bits, cook until done..
- Add the 2 cups of rice to the same pot, add 4 cups of water, salt and pepper to taste..
- When the water comes to the boil cover the pot and lower the temperature..
- The rice will be ready when the water has boiled away..
- Serve with parmesan cheese if available..