Potato and pea rice.
You can have Potato and pea rice using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato and pea rice
- It’s 1 large of sliced onion.
- It’s 2 large of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 4 medium of diced potatoes.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of peas.
- Prepare 1 cup of or glass rice (uncooked).
- Prepare 1 cup of or glass chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
Potato and pea rice instructions
- Heat oil in a saucepan and cook onions until translucent..
- Add tomatoes, all the spices and water. Let it cook until tomatoes are soft. (you can blend this now or can also leave it to cook a little more until oil gets spirited from tomatoes and onions)..
- Add potatoes, peas and a glass of water or as much it takes to cover the vegetables. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until water gets evaporated..
- Add chicken stock and rice. Cook on medium heat for about 25 minutes or till all of the water is absorbed by rice..
- Cover the lid of pan with a cotton napkin nd heat on the lowest flame for 10 more minutes..
- Serve out with coriander flavoured yogurt..