Pea and peanut salad. Under cook the peas (I just run hot water over them to defrost). Drain well and chill peas until cold. When ready to serve Pea and Peanut Salad.
But it's one of those recipes that just WORKS! Today I will show you another quick and delicious summer time dish! This is one of my favorites and I always have people asking for the recipe!! You can cook Pea and peanut salad using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pea and peanut salad
- Prepare 12 oz of frozen peas.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced celery.
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced white onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 cup of salted peanuts.
Pea-and-Peanut Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Back in my college days, The Embers restaurant in Mt. Pleasant, MI was THE place to go for a formal dinner or those special occasions. Their signature dishes were the Peas & Peanuts salad, which back in my day they served as a free.
Pea and peanut salad instructions
- Cook peas according to package directions. When tender, rinse well in cold water to cool..
- Mix all but peanuts. Chill 2 hours..
- Add peanuts. Chill 1 hour and serve..
Peas, peanuts, bacon, celery.all for a refreshing salad. Growing up my mother's closet was always this living organism that had a life of its own. It was either clean as a whistle or so packed with stuff you could hardly get your foot in the door. See more ideas about pea salad, pea salad recipes, salad recipes. Pea salad recipe, so creamy, a perfect summer salad with bacon, red onions, and cheese that will have your guests begging for more, Southern Pea Salad just like grandma used to make, this recipe is incredibly easy and flavorful.