Stuffed Peppers & Veggies. Stuffed peppers is a dish common in many cuisines. Stuffed peppers or pimientos rellenos are part of traditional Spanish cuisine, especially that of the region of the Basque Country. We've loved stuffed peppers since we first laid eyes on them.
Choose from a range of fillings, including meat and vegetarian options. Hundreds of satisfied home cooks agree: this stuffed peppers recipe is a winner. It's been proudly served at dinner tables across America ever since it first appeared in the Betty Crocker™ cookbook. You can make Stuffed Peppers & Veggies using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Peppers & Veggies
- It’s 1 of large green pepper.
- Prepare 1 of large zucchini.
- You need 1 of medium eggplant.
- It’s 1 of red onion.
- You need 1 of medium yellow squash.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of large tomato.
- It’s 1 box of stuffing mix any flavor.
- It’s 1 box of beef flavored rice.
- Prepare 1 jar of spaghetti sauce.
- Prepare 4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 2 of small eggs.
Top stuffed peppers with remaining ¼ cup cheese; season with pepper. Transfer to an airtight container and chill. Stuffed peppers are what dinner dreams are made of. Stuffed peppers were clearly born from a need to use up leftovers.
Stuffed Peppers & Veggies Step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut zuccini and eggplant in half. Use small spoon to scoop out the seeds and innards. Set aside. Cut top off green pepper, dice, and set aside also. Discard pepper seeds and innards. Dice yellow squash, red onion, and tomato. Chop garlic cloves..
- Cook beef rice on stovetop and Sautee diced tomato, red onion, yellow squash, eggplant and zuccini innards, diced top of pepper, and chopped garlic in oil and season to taste..
- Brown ground beef. Combine cooked beef and sauteed veggies in a large mixing bowl with cooked rice, uncooked stuffing mix, eggs, and 2 cups shredded mozzarella. Mix Well..
- Place eggplant and zuccini halves and green pepper onto baking sheet, pan, or dish. Scoop a few spoonfuls of sauce along the bottom of each. Stuff as much mixture as you can into your veggies..
- Top each with a few more spoonfuls of remaining sauce. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top. Bake for 60-90 minutes. Enjoy!.
Most recipes call for at least cooked rice and often cooked beans. Stuffed Peppers, prepared with a Mediterranean-style rice stuffing with spiced meat, chickpeas and more. Stuffed peppers are the perfect meal, tender bell peppers stuffed with a flavorful beef, sausage and rice filling in tomato sauce. Stuffed Bell Peppers are easy to make and everyone loves them! These easy Classic Stuffed Peppers are a hearty but healthy comfort food from my childhood that is family approved and can be made ahead for an easy weeknight meal.