whopping wholegrain-pasta salad. Pasta salad is an easy, go-to meal when the weather is warm, but most of the recipes we know and love are mayo-based, which means they're not so great for us. Medium Pasta Shells Recipes Looking for a whole grain pasta recipe to use your medium pasta shells in? Pasta and grain salads make excellent sides, combining whole grains and veggies into one convenient dish!
Our Whole Grain-Greek Pasta Salad Recipe is a Healthy Living recipe you can feel good about. Whole wheat noodles have a chewier texture than regular pasta, but it's also more nutrient-rich. A cold pasta salad makes an excellent resistant-starch choice. You can cook whopping wholegrain-pasta salad using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of whopping wholegrain-pasta salad
- It’s 2 cup of whole grain pasta, cooked.
- You need 2 small of carrots, cooked in a curry sauce or steamed.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion, in rings.
- Prepare 15 of asparagus spears (heads only, steamed).
- Prepare of dressing.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tahini or peanut butter (smooth).
- You need 1 tbsp of grain mustard.
- It’s 2 tbsp of hot water.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s of topping.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pine nuts.
- You need 1 of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 of some olives, or dried or fresh tomatoes, diced….
No matter what crowd-pleasing pasta salad recipe you start with, you can make one super simple swap to make it healthier: Use whole grain pasta! Buy your groceries online and pick up at your local Big Lots store. Find whatever kind of pasta you. Shrimp, Lemon, and Spinach Whole-grain Pasta Salad.
whopping wholegrain-pasta salad Preparation
- combine the ingredients in a large bowl.
- mix the dressing in a small bowl and pour over the salad.
- toss and let soak for a few hours.
- dress in a nice salad bowl with the toppings on top.
We lightened up this pasta salad by replacing the usual mayonnaise dressing with Greek-style low-fat yogurt, which has been strained so that it's thick and rich-tasting. To me, healthy pasta is whole wheat, whole grain or most gluten free pasta made with whole foods like beans, legumes and seeds. Healthy pasta salad makes filling vegetarian meal on its own. Whole grains keep food in your stomach longer, so you're less likely to fill up on junk foods. Match quinoa's mild flavor with vegetables or sweet chunks of fruit.