Butternut Squash Soup. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines.
It adds just the right balance for the squash. Ready in an hour and freezes well. Easy homemade butternut squash soup is naturally thick and creamy, perfect for the season when squash is available in abundance. You can cook Butternut Squash Soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- You need 2 of medium sized butternut squash.
- You need 2 of yellow onions.
- Prepare 2 (32 oz) of containers of vegetable broth.
- It’s 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of sage.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Full of butternut flavour, this soup is perfect for when you're. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best!
Butternut Squash Soup Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Oil a sheet pan, slice both squash in half and remove seeds. Lay on sheet pan with the skin side on the sheet pan. Distribute 2-3tbsp of olive oil between all squash halves, coat them in olive oil. Add some salt, then put them in the oven for 45 minutes or until soft..
- Once the squash is out of the oven and cooling, dice your two onions and throw them into a pot that has a tablespoon of olive oil. Sautee for a couple minutes, while sauteing chop up your squash, or gut it if you dont like the skin, then add the squash to the pot. Then add your garlic, fresh or granulated. Then add your vegetable broth all at once. Add your sage and thyme too. Bring to a boil, let boil for a minute or so, then use a hand blender to smooth out the soup. Or dump it into a blender..
- Boom. Perfect butternut squash soup..
The Best Butternut Squash Soup Recipe. This simple homemade butternut soup is so flavorful and so easy to prepare, you'll find yourself wanting to make it over and over again! Smooth and silky butternut squash soup is a cold-weather staple. The secret to the most intense, sweetest flavor is to roast the squash until it's deeply browned and caramelized, then purée it with a. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – The easiest butternut squash soup you'll ever make – still silky, slightly sweet and full of flavor.