One tray roast whole chicken, potatoes and veg.
You can cook One tray roast whole chicken, potatoes and veg using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of One tray roast whole chicken, potatoes and veg
- Prepare 1 of whole roasting chicken, about 1.5 to 2 kg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 6 of medium waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters.
- You need 1 tsp of smoky paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 of celery sticks, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of parsnip, peeled and roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of large onion, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, unpeeled.
- You need 1/2 of lemon.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
One tray roast whole chicken, potatoes and veg step by step
- The night before, pat the chicken dry with some paper towel and sprinkle it all over (including the inside) with the salt. Leave uncovered in the fridge..
- Preheat your oven to 375 F..
- In a roasting tray, toss the potatoes with a good pinch of salt, several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper, and a good glug of extra virgin olive oil. Roast in the oven for one hour, checking occasionally to make sure the potatoes don't stick and burn..
- When the potatoes reach the 30 minute mark, pull the chicken out of the fridge. In a small bowl, mix the paprika, garlic powder, half of the Italian seasoning, and black pepper with about 2 tbsp olive oil. Massage the wet rub all over the chicken..
- In a bowl, toss the carrots, celery, parsnip, onion and garlic cloves with a good glug of olive oil, a good pinch of salt, several grinds of black pepper, and the remaining Italian seasoning..
- After the potatoes have been roasting for an hour, pull the tray from the oven. Add the veg and toss to mix everything together. Truss the chicken and insert the 1/2 lemon into the cavity. Lay the bird on top of the potatoes and veg, and roast uncovered for about 1 1/2 hours or until the thickest part of the chicken reads 165 F on a thermometer..
- Remove the chicken to a platter and tent it loosely with foil. Toss the potatoes and veg in the tray, add the butter, and put it back in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes while the chicken rests..