Creamy Chicken and Dumplings with Fresh Field Peas and Veggies.
You can cook Creamy Chicken and Dumplings with Fresh Field Peas and Veggies using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken and Dumplings with Fresh Field Peas and Veggies
- It’s of Chicken and Dumplings.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of water or broth.
- Prepare 2 of sprigs thyme.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 3 each of green onion.
- Prepare 1 medium of carrot.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of field peas (shelled and raw, about 4 ounces).
- You need 1/2 cup of + flour, all purpose.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of + 1 tablespoon water.
- Prepare 10 of leaves parsley, chopped.
- You need 8 oz of cooked chicken.
- Prepare 2 oz of sour cream.
- It’s 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
Creamy Chicken and Dumplings with Fresh Field Peas and Veggies instructions
- Fill a two-quart sauce pot with broth or water (whichever you are using), the thyme sprigs, and garlic. Place over high heat. Trim green onion, carrot, and celery, then halve lengthwise, and add to the pot along with the field peas. Cover the pot. Once the pot has come to a boil, reduce heat to low. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are fully cooked and tender, but not mushy..
- Meanwhile, prepare the dumplings by combining flour, baking powder, and salt. Add water, and mix gently, just to combine. (DO NOT over-mix). Gently roll into a 1” wide snake, and cut into 1/4” thick pieces. Coat cut pieces generously in extra flour and toss gently to separate..
- Once the veggies are cooked to desired doneness, remove from the liquid and set aside. Discard the thyme stems..
- Stir the raw dumplings into the simmering broth, and cover the pot. Cook the dumplings for 10-15 minutes, gently stirring every 5 minutes..
- While the dumplings are cooking, cut the carrots, celery, and green onions into small dice, and chop the herbs..
- Once the dumplings are cooked through and tender, add the chicken, herbs, and cut veggies to the pot. Remove from the heat, and add the sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!.