Pepperoni pizza pasta salad. I had a chunk of mozzarella and some pepperoni left over from a pizza I made the other day and needed a pasta salad to take with me for an event and so I thought why not combine the two? Bottled Italian dressing and pepperoni add zip to this colorful combination shared by Shannon Lommen. Serve it right away or assemble it ahead of time. "The longer this salad chills the better," says the Kaysville, Utah cook.
With noodles as the base, we added plenty of cheeses, tomatoes, pepperoni and lots of seasoning, ensuring that this. This Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad features tri colored rotini pasta with pepperoni, mozzarella, cheddar, and tomatoes in a Parmesan vinaigrette. This Italian pasta salad variation is the perfect summer side dish recipe! You can create Pepperoni pizza pasta salad using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pepperoni pizza pasta salad
- Prepare 16 oz of colored rotini (I used 12oz).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese grated.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 8 oz of mozzarella cheese cubed.
- Prepare 8 oz of sharp cheddar cheese cubed.
- It’s of cherry tomatoes halved.
- You need of Sliced black olives (optional).
- It’s of pepperoni sliced ( I cut mine in half, can also use mini pepperoni.
There's so much in the summertime to celebrate, isn't there? This Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad is loaded with the satisfying flavor of your favorite pepperoni pizza and is perfect for your next picnic or potluck! I like using rotini pasta for this Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad. Believe it or not, the type of pasta you use makes a difference.
Pepperoni pizza pasta salad Preparation
- If you don’t have red wine vinegar, you can use Italian salad dressing instead and leave out the Olive oil. I make this both ways and they are both good. I use about Half a bottle of Italian dress, use as much or little as you like..
- Cook rotini in a pot of boiling water for 7-9 minutes, or until done. Drain and rinse pasta under cold water until cool..
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together oil, parmesan cheese, vinegar, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper..
- Place cooked pasta, vinegar mixture, and remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl, turning to coat all ingredients. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving..
- Notes- I don’t use cubed cheese, I used shredded, it’s what I have on hand most of the time..
My all-time favorite pasta salad growing up was the one my mom made – a simple caprese bowtie pasta salad, with lots of mozzarella and fresh tomatoes. So what better than a pepperoni pizza flavoured pasta salad? And this couldn't be any easier! Pepperoni Pizza Pasta salad is a super-quick and super-easy pasta salad that packs a lot of flavor. Pasta, pepperoni, mozzarella and Italian dressing.