Sophie's Cinnamon French toast and bacon.
You can cook Sophie's Cinnamon French toast and bacon using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sophie's Cinnamon French toast and bacon
- It’s of fresh bread.
- It’s of vanilla essence.
- You need of Cinnamon.
- It’s of eggs.
- Prepare of milk.
- You need of caster sugar.
- It’s of maple syrup to taste.
- You need of butter or cooking oil spray for the frying pan..
- It’s of streaky smoked bacon (cooked).
Sophie's Cinnamon French toast and bacon instructions
- Mix sugar, eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla essence in a shadow dish big enough place a slice of bread flat in..
- Turn the heat on the frying pan..
- Place a slice of bread into your mixture, and turn it so it is soaked in. Don't soak it too much, or you will find it difficult to lift to the frying pan – it should still be slightly dry in the middle..
- Put a small amount of butter in the frying pan, moving it to cover a large enough area for your bread..
- Cook for 2-3 mins or until it starts to turn golden. Use a spatula to flip your bread slice, and repeat until golden on both sides..
- Repeat until you have cooked all your bread..
- To serve, place on a warm plate, top with three slices of bacon and maple syrup to taste..
- NB: please be aware that different breads will need more or less egg mixture. If you are using thick or particularly large bread, you will need more..