Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl. Anyway, unlike the aforementioned bread bowl, this sausage and rice stuffed acorn squash recipe is an example of an edible vessel that begs for a detailed The stuffing is very easy, as is the cooking method, but the acorn squash prep does need to be done carefully and with precision. Add salt, cumin, black pepper, cinnamon, diced pepper, buttermilk or yogurt, chopped mint, and egg. Cover dish loosely with aluminum foil, more tented than wrapped; foil shouldn't touch the tops of the stuffed squash.
Add the chorizo and veggie mixture and add an egg to each bowl. Top with cilantro leaves and tender stems. The recipe below works with legit any sausage that floats your boat – from t-rex-tastic options to the underrated (and still delicious!) vegan sausage options on the market right now. You can cook Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter or margarine, or 4 tbsp.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of smoked sausage, cubed.
- It’s 1/2 of of a large onion, diced.
- You need 3 of small/medium yellow squash, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 (1 head) of chopped cabbage.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Good pinch crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 1 of chicken bullion cube.
- You need 6 of green onions including green part, chopped.
- Prepare of Rice:.
- It’s 3 cups of water or broth.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of long grain rice.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
Combine cooked rice, sausage, and vegetable mix in large bowl. Stuff cavities of squash with filling and mound on top to use all filling. Pair this turkey sausage- and brown rice-stuffed squash with a simple green salad for a delicious, satisfying meal. Spoon sausage mixture into squash shells; place in prepared pan.
Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl Step by step
- In a large deep skillet or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium high heat and add the crushed red pepper. Add cubed sausage and and let it lightly start browning. Add the onion and a little pepper and sauté for a few minutes. Add the cubed squash, pepper and sauté for a few more minutes. Add the chopped cabbage, a sprinkle more of pepper and sauté for a few minutes. Add the garlic powder. Now add the 1 cup of hot water and dissolved bullion cube. Stir, reduce heat and partially cover..
- Allow it to reduce a little. While that happens make your pot of rice. Mix the water rice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cover. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn heat off and let the water steam out about 15-20 minutes..
- Serve the sausage and veg mix over rice and sprinkle with fresh chopped green onions..
The Best Quick Smoked Sausage Recipes on Yummly Italian Smoked Sausage Sandwich, Smoked Sausage Alfredo with Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage, Easy Smoked Sausage Skillet. Smoked Sausage with Rice PilafJohnsonville Sausage. Spaghetti Squash With Chicken Parmesan Recipes. Smoked sausage in all it's smoky, salty, savory glory, creamy baby yellow potatoes (and a few The sausage and veggies are coated in olive oil and the seasoning plus a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to brighten it Sweet potatoes, cherry tomatoes, zucchini and squash all would be great in there as well.