Split pea soup with ham.
You can cook Split pea soup with ham using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Split pea soup with ham
- It’s 2 lb of dry split peas.
- You need 1 large of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 of chopped celery stalks.
- You need 6 of minced garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 10 cup of water or chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of ham bone , trimming the fat the best you can.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 of salt/ pepper to taste.
Split pea soup with ham instructions
- In a big dutch oven or a heavy pot, put the ham, the split peas, water or the chicken broth, onion and garlic..
- Bring to boil and then, lower to medium heat. Remove the foam and continue to cook for 1 hour, mixing often because split peas tend to stick in the bottom..
- Add the remaining ingredients and lower the heat to simmer up to 40 more minutes, mixing often.add more liquid if you want.
- At this point, the split peas must be like pureè. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with herbed or garlic croutons.ENJOY!.