Black-Eyed Pea Ceviche.
You can have Black-Eyed Pea Ceviche using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black-Eyed Pea Ceviche
- It’s 2 cup of cooked black-eyed peas (drained).
- You need 1/2 large of onion (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 large of jalapeño (finely chopped).
- It’s 2 of roma tomatoes (chopped).
- Prepare 3 large of limes (juiced).
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of cilantro (chopped).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground coriander seeds.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt (or more to taste).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of freshly ground pepper (optional).
Black-Eyed Pea Ceviche step by step
- Drain the cooking liquid from the black-eyed peas and measure 2 cups. Set aside..
- Mix the onion, jalapeño, cilantro and tomatoes well. Then add ground cumin, garlic powder, ground coriander, lime juice, black-eyed peas and salt to taste. Mix gently to keep the black-eyed peas as intact as possible..
- Ceviche typically should not be consumed right away because it takes time for the flavors to come together. Give it at least 1 hour or two in the refrigerator..
- Serve with salsa, your favorite veggie toppings and tostadas or corn chips. Try with queso cotija or queso fresco and a dollop of sour cream. This ceviche also makes a scrumptious healthy salad!.