Sausages and Savory French Toast. In fact, french toast with sausages was the first meal I ever made my husband (then boyfriend)! 🙂 I used to make it with brown sugar and tomato sauce and some cayenne pepper but for this savory French toast recipe, I've substituted the sugar with maple syrup and the tomato sauce with sriracha. Learn how to make Savory French Toast, a quick breakfast recipe by Tarika Singh. Spice up your Christmas morning with this savory french toast recipe that.
Part garlic bread, part French toast, this savory breakfast gets a hit of red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese. A couple weeks ago when we were driving through Austin, we stayed with a friend who said that his go-to weekday breakfast is savory French toast. Make your French toast savory instead. You can have Sausages and Savory French Toast using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausages and Savory French Toast
- Prepare of Ground pork.
- Prepare of Fennel seeds.
- You need of Clove garlic, minced.
- Prepare of Paprika.
- Prepare of Garlic Salt.
- It’s of Lemon juice.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- It’s of Red pepper flakes.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Eggs.
- You need of Milk.
- You need of Grated Parmesan.
- Prepare of Nutmeg.
- It’s of Ground cloves.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Omit the sugar and extract, then serve it with a few sausage patties and scrambled eggs. We'll be honest, you can serve just about any breakfast favorite with French toast! Some great options include bacon or sausage, fresh berries or melon, hashbrowns or. Whoever said French toast had to be sweet?
Sausages and Savory French Toast instructions
- Mix fennel seeds, paprika, garlic salt, minced garlic, and oregano..
- Add meat and lemon juice and combine thoroughly..
- Shape into balls and black pepper and chile flakes, if desire..
- Press to flatten and fry covered until golden and fully cooked. Approximately 5 to 7 minutes each side..
- Mix eggs with milk. And then add cheese..
- Add nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste..
- Slice bread..
- Dip in mixture for about 30 seconds each side..
- Remove sausage patties and cover to keep warm..
- In same pan as cooked sausages, fry the bread..
- Serve with fresh fruit. For a sweeter taste, add a drizzle honey or syrup..
This savory version — spiked with Parmesan, mustard powder, garlic, and hot sauce — is perfect for a Saturday brunch, Sunday lunch, or even a quick weeknight dinner. I'm thinking breakfast (and "breakfast for dinner") just got a whole lot tastier! This easy breakfast recipe is made like a grilled cheese sandwich, with melted cheese sandwiched in the middle! Savory toast is just as easy as regular French toast, just made without the sugar! The first step is preparing the simple egg custard, into which we'll dip the.