Lobster Chowder. The trick to making this healthy lobster chowder recipe have tons of rich flavor is to start with great fish stock. Lobster Corn Chowder is loaded with lobster meat and fresh corn in a comforting, creamy and buttery broth. This lobster chowder just screams summer!
Purchasing lobster meat for lobster chowder is the easiest method, and only requires mixing in with the other ingredients, like the potatoes, corn and cream. The Finest Live Maine Lobsters,lobster clambakes, Lobster tails,maine lobster meat,complete lobster dinners, Award winning clam chowders & bisques along with fresh oysters and shellfish and. Prepare this hearty chowder at the height of summer, when lobster and fresh corn are at their seasonal best. You can have Lobster Chowder using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lobster Chowder
- You need 8 oz of steamed lobster tail,head or claw meat diced.
- Prepare 6 strips of bacon cooked n crumbled.
- It’s 2 of med potatoes diced and cooked.
- It’s 1/2 qt of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 qt of milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of flour.
- You need 1/2 of small onion diced.
- Prepare pinch of garlic powder.
- It’s to taste of salt n pepper.
Lobster Corn Chowder from Barefoot Contessa. Remove the meat from the shells of the lobsters. Share: Rate this Recipe Boil the lobster. Remove meat from shell, reserving liver, and cut meat in small pieces.
Lobster Chowder instructions
- In med frying pan melt butter untill golden brown.
- Add onions and cook 1 min.
- Add flour and wisk to make rue.
- Wisk in heavy cream.
- Add milk and wisk till cream sauce thickens.
- Add salt n pepper to taste.
- Add lobster and potatoes and let simmer for 10 min.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle bacon on top and enjoy.
Don't throw those lobster shells away, they make great a lobster chowder recipe. Red bliss potatoes make this recipe truly New England. If you don't have lobster shells, shrimp shells work just as good. Buy Seafood Soups and Chowders Online Today. At Maine Lobster Now, we believe in providing a diverse selection of soups and chowders.