Ham & Turnip stew. Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary. Jump to navigation Jump to search. I was always sort of a ham.
This is an excerpt from Rubberhead. To see the full version, go here: vimeo.com/ondemand/rubberhead Directed by Eric Wareheim FATHER John C. Acronym for Hard As a Motherfu@#r. You can create Ham & Turnip stew using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ham & Turnip stew
- It’s 2 Cups of cooked ham, cut into small pieces.
- It’s 1 of raw turnip, diced.
- You need 2 of Cups, 16oz, organic beef stock/broth.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of diced zucchini.
- Prepare 1 of diced yellow squash.
- You need 2 Tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- It’s 2 tsp of Tumeric.
- You need 2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare of Thickener, if desired (I used 1 Tbsp water & 1 Tbsp cornstarch).
That dude be straight goin' HAM on dem fools. Holla, I'm about to go get HAM on these boys. Ham definition, a cut of meat from the heavy-muscled part of a hog's rear quarter, between hip and hock, usually cured. Often hams. the back of the thigh, or the thigh and the buttock together.
Ham & Turnip stew Preparation
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in saute pan. Add turnip and garlic. Saute until turnip is slightly browned..
- During step 1, add stock to a large soup/saucepan. Heat on medium..
- Add cooked/leftover ham pieces and turnip mixture to stock. Bring to a mild boil..
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil, zucchini, squash, black pepper and turmeric to saute pan and saute just until cooked, slightly translucent..
- Turnip should be tender after about 20min on a mild boil. When tender and cooked, add thickener if desired, and boil 2-3 minutes more..
- Turn off heat. Add zucchini/squash mixture, stir well. Let sit for a couple minutes and serve..
Ham has been a common and popular meat throughout European and Asian civilizations, except where Ham can either be dry-cured or wet-cured. A dry-cured ham has been rubbed in a mixture. Unprocessed meat is referred to as fresh ham, but most ham goes through a curing process after which is it referred to as cured ham. The meat can be dry cured (salting the surface); sweet-pickle cured. Ham comes from the back leg of a pig.