Easy Puerto Rican style chicken pasta salad. Easy Puerto Rican style chicken pasta salad step by step. Cook pasta according to box instructions. Do not run cold water on it.
Great recipe for Easy Puerto Rican style chicken pasta salad. Growing up in a Puerto Rican household in East Harlem and hanging with a lot of Italians, I started mixing, trying and tweaking some of the recipes. This can be used with different vegetables you may like. You can have Easy Puerto Rican style chicken pasta salad using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Puerto Rican style chicken pasta salad
- You need 1 box of tri- color pasta.
- You need 1 of grilled chicken breast (can be store purchased).
- It’s of Cherry tomatoes.
- You need Half of a can of peas.
- You need 1/8 of of minced red onions.
- You need Half of a can of carrots.
- You need 2 of different kinds of shredded cheese.
- Prepare A few of black or green olives.
- It’s of Black pepper (to taste).
- It’s of Oregano (sprinkle).
- Prepare of evoo.
- It’s of Vinegar (white).
Cut the remaining part of the butter in half. Insert into the cavity along with garlic, onions, two teaspoons of Adobo seasoning, black pepper and two teaspoons of Sofrito Pollo guisado is a delicious and easy chicken stew with sofrito, potatoes, garlic, onions, chicken broth, tomato sauce, sazon, cumin, and bay leaf. "Delicious!" raves fabeveryday. "I made it with my own homemade Puerto Rican sofrito and it s reminiscent of some of my family s Puerto Rican recipes. Ensalada de coditos (macaroni salad) is an old favorite among Puerto Ricans and it's a dish enjoyed by many children, too. Just like the potato salad, it's easy to prepare as well.
Easy Puerto Rican style chicken pasta salad Preparation
- Cook pasta according to box instructions. Drain. Do not run cold water on it. Pour approximately 4 tbsp and tossed until evenly coated so it won't stick..
- Chicken should be grilled and cubed. I season with a little lemon juice, Abode, pepper and liquid smoke. (Skip step if already cooked)..
- Mix carrots and peas in a separate pot with water and butter. Warm until butter is fully melted. Drain..
- Now in a large mixing bowl…mix all ingredients together. Toss. Add a little more EVOO and vinegar to taste..
- You can also add some powdered parmesean cheese if you like..
- This can be eaten hot or cold..
We can't exactly say that this meal is native to the island, but we have adopted it into our recipe collections for Christmas parties and special occasions. Today I made for you a Puerto Rican style macaroni salad o ensalada de coditos con jamon. Drain hot water from pot and add cool water. Italy meets the Caribbean with this Puerto Rican Chicken Pasta. Featuring juicy bites of chicken, sautéed peppers and onions, plus pasta to soak up a delicious sofrito-based sauce.