Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad. Great recipe for Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad. A delicious pasta salad with a creamy homemade dressing (no mayonnaise required!). Great as a main salad, side dish or take with you in the cooler for picnics! #nikicuisine Recipe source: Baker By Nature This Mediterranean Pasta with Roasted Red Peppers and Artichokes is flavorful and hearty without weighing you down.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Can You Make Italian Artichoke Salad Ahead of Time? You can make some of this artichoke heart salad ahead of time. You can create Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad
- You need 1 lb of farfalle (bowtie) pasta, cooked al dente.
- It’s 1/2 cup of kalamata olives *divided*.
- Prepare 1 cup of roasted red peppers (about 3 large peppers) *divided*.
- Prepare 1 of x 12 oz can marinated artichoke hearts, roughly choppped *divided*.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh italian parsley *divided*.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red onion, sliced very thin *divided*.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of capers.
- It’s of Note: anything marked *divided* will be used for both the salad and the dressing.
- You need of For the dressing:.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of red onion.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of roasted red pepper.
- It’s 10 of of the kalamata olives.
- You need 1/4 cup of artichoke hearts.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of crushed black pepper.
And the other ingredients can be prepped ahead if you like. I would recommend portioning out and chopping the artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, and red onions. The key players are marinated artichoke hearts, portabella mushroom caps and roasted red peppers. I love to buy the artichoke hearts that are marinated in oil and spices – the canned ones in water will work too; they just have less flavor since they have not been sitting in an infused oil mixture.
Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad Step by step
- Bring a large, salted pot of water to boil. Once the water is boiling rapidly, add the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes. Start checking at 8 minutes, then keep a close eye after that as you don't want soggy pasta! Once cooked, drain and rinse quickly with cold water and allow to cool..
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the olives, peppers, parsley, onion and artichokes..
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth..
- Place cooled pasta in a bowl and pour over the dressing (you may not need to use ALL of the dressing, refrigerate any leftover dressing for future use). Toss well..
- Then add peppers, capers, olives, artichokes and parsley and toss again..
- Enjoy! (Note: can be refrigerated for up to 3 days).
Salt boiling water and add pasta. Bring home the famous taste of Rao's Homemade® Four Cheese Sauce. This sauce is a rich blend of Italian tomatoes… Run at slow speed and add olive oil slowly to emulsify. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. Toss well and top with dried cranberries.