New Years black eyed peas.
You can have New Years black eyed peas using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of New Years black eyed peas
- Prepare 4 lb of dried black eyed peas.
- It’s 1 1/2 gallon of water.
- It’s 1 1/4 lb of smoked ham.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chopped shallots.
- You need 4 cup of water for half way.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of salt more if you need.
New Years black eyed peas instructions
- Get your water boiling.
- Peel and chop your shallots add to your water.
- Chop your ham into bite sized pieces use the bone for the extra flavor.
- Look your peas over well to get stones sticks undesirable peas out take the rest and rinse and put on to boil.
- After about 1 and a half hours add 4 cups water.
- after 2 hours stir well add your salt a little bit at a time taste if you need more add it you may not need the whole quarter cup then you may need more.