Chinese 5-Spice Salmon Stir-fry. ADOBO BEEF STIR-FRY WITH HONEY SMOKED SWEET POTATOES & CHIMICHURRI Interestingly, Chinese Five Spice is based on the five elements – fire, water, wood, earth and metal. How do you make Chinese Five Spice?
Five-spice powder comes with a bunch of health benefits thanks to the various anti-inflammatory spices and can help to improve body immunity. Mix the five-spice and flour in a bowl. Add the pork and toss to coat. You can create Chinese 5-Spice Salmon Stir-fry using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese 5-Spice Salmon Stir-fry
- It’s 2 of salmon steaks.
- It’s of Sesame oil.
- Prepare of Chinese 5-spice.
- Prepare 1 or 2 of red or yellow peppers, sliced.
- It’s 1 or 2 of red onions, finely sliced.
- It’s 1 or 2 of carrots, peeled and cut into thin batons.
- You need 1 knob of fresh ginger, grated.
- You need 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced.
- It’s 2 helpings of cooked basmati rice.
- It’s 1 handful of cashew nuts, roasted and salted.
- Prepare 1 of squirt of lemon grass paste, if you have it.
- Prepare 1 of tiny bit of shrimp paste, if you have it.
- It’s 2 handfuls of baby spinach, roughly chopped.
- You need of Thai fish sauce.
- Prepare 4-6 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need of juice of half a lemon and wedges for serving.
- It’s of fresh mint, chopped.
Heat a wok or large frying pan over a high heat until very hot. The five basic ingredients for Chinese five spice powder are star aniseed (大料), fennel seeds(小茴 Health tip: Five-spice powder combines the advantages of various spice and an appreciate amount can help to improve body immunity. Use it in stir fry recipes. Chinese Five Spice Seasoning was developed to include all five tastes sweet, sour, bitter, salty and hot or pungent/spicy.
Chinese 5-Spice Salmon Stir-fry Preparation
- Preheat the grill. Put the salmon steaks in a grill pan, I line it with foil to save washing up. Drizzle some sesame oil over the top and sprinkle generously with the 5-spice mixture. Place under a hot grill until crisp on the top and just cooked inside. This will only take 6 to 10 minutes..
- Once the salmon is cooked, flake it into chunks and peel off and discard the skin, pour over a little shake of soy sauce and lemon juice and set aside..
- Start to fry all the vegetables, if you have a wok you can probably do them all in one go, in a frying pan it might be better to do them in batches. Don't fry for too long, everything needs to keep some crispness and texture. When the peppers are just beginning to char at the edges, add the ginger, garlic, lemon grass and shrimp paste. Stir until you can smell the fragrances, then tip the vegetables on to a plate..
- Quickly return the pan to the heat and fry the cooked rice and the cashews, then return the vegetables to the pan, stir in the chopped spinach, add 2 or 3 teaspoons of fish sauce, depending on how much you like it, and 3 to 4 tablespoons of soy sauce. Stir until the spinach has wilted then add the salmon chunks and the juice of half a lemon. Taste. Add more soy sauce or lemon juice to taste..
- Serve piled in bowls, topped with fresh mint..
In this vegetable stir fry, all five flavors are present in each crunchy and veggie-packed bite. Five-spice powder is very popular in both Chinese and Taiwanese cuisine and is simple to make. Several Chinese recipes feature five-spice powder on the ingredient list, like princess chicken and Basic Tips for Cooking Chinese Food. Spice Mix Storage and Cooking Tips. Five Spice Powder is a blend of cinnamon, cloves, fennel, star anise, and Szechwan peppercorns.