Mike's Classic Lobster Rolls. Big Night In At Home – This is Mike's favourite. in fact if given the choice I think he'd live off nothing but lobster! We serve ours up two ways in. Come on down and get your picnic for the HIP SHOW at Officers Square tonight!
Combine mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, fresh chives, Dijon mustard, and kosher salt and black pepper in a bowl. Add cooked lobster meat (cut into large pieces) and gently toss to coat. The lobster roll came on a nicely toasted bun with a pretty substantial amount of chilled lobster lightly bathed in butter. You can have Mike's Classic Lobster Rolls using 24 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Classic Lobster Rolls
- It’s of Lobster Meat Mixture.
- You need 4 of Or 5 [4 oz] Lobster Tails [depending upon how rich you want your sandwiches].
- Prepare 1 packages of 20 oz Imitation Crab Meat.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Real Mayonnaise [+ additional as per your taste].
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Celery With Leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Chopped Chives.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh Parsley [packed].
- It’s 1 tsp of Lemon Pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of White Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Granulated Garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Yellow Mustard.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Real Butter.
- You need of Bread.
- It’s 2 packages of King's Hawaiian Rolls [12 count per bag or mini rolls 6 count].
- You need 1 stick of Real Salted Butter [optional].
- It’s 1 of Bottle Garlic Powder.
- You need of Toppings – Garnishments – Sides.
- Prepare 3 cup of Shredded Iceberg Lettuce.
- You need 1 large of Bag Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips.
- It’s 4 large of Dill Pickle Quartered Spears.
- Prepare 1 tub of Fresh Guacamole.
- Prepare 1 dash of Old Bay Seasoning.
- You need 1 dash of Paprika.
- You need 1 dash of Celery Salt.
The meat was presented in bite-sized Our lobster roll is an award-winning take on the classic New England sandwich. It's become a rock star in the Maine seafood scene, receiving. Their Connecticut lobster roll includes Maine lobster dipped in warm butter and is served on a buttered New England bun. Place the lobster meat in a mixing bowl.
Mike's Classic Lobster Rolls instructions
- Add everything in the, "Lobster Meat Mixture," category except for the lobster in a large bowl and mix well. You will need more mayo than is called for. Tablespoon by tablespoon add more mayonnaise until it reaches the creamy consistency you desire. I usually add 3 additional tablespoons..
- De-thaw your lobster tails in water if frozen. Do not steam/boil/cook frozen..
- Once thawed, cut the underside of your lobster tails lengthwise and remove meat. Rinse lobster meat and discard anything you deem undesirable..
- Fill 1-1/2" of water and 2 tablespoons butter in a pot with a tight fitting lid. Bring to a boil and add lobster meat. Reduce heat to low and simmer/steam lobster meat for 5 to 6 minutes..
- Once cooked, place on plate to cool. Chop lobster meat and add to lobster meat mixture and mix. Place in fridge until fully chilled..
- Carefully tear 4 lengthwise rolls from the other 8. Then another 4 lengthwise rolls from the 8. This will leave you with 3 long sweet sub rolls each consisting of 4 mini rolls. Note: There are also King's Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls available now that come in packs of 6 and are pre-split. I've used those in the photo below. You can find these rolls in the deli section of your local supermarket..
- Carefully slice lengthwise down the side of your roll [if using the 12 pack] to create an opening for your lobster meat without cutting it completely in half..
- You can use these rolls as they are or butter and sear them in a hot pan. If I sear them, I lightly butter the rolls and lightly sprinkle with garlic powder..
- Smear a layer of guacamole on one side of your roll. Add shredded lettuce and pile on your lobster meat mixture. Sprinkle liberally with Old Bay Seasoning and a pinch of Celery Salt. Also, add a long, thin dill pickle spear at the top of sandwich and serve with Salt & Vinegar Chips to cut some of the richness..
- To reduce the overall carbs, you can use low carb bread and omit the guacamole..
Designed by Brandiose, the Lobster Rolls logos pay homage to Southeastern Connecticut's fishing heritage as well as the maritime traditions of New England. Lobster rolls are delicious, and in addition to honoring the classic styles, seafood-obsessed chefs have embraced new possibilities. Chef Mike Lata's new seafood hall celebrates the "merroir" (ocean terroir) of the entire East Coast with a wide range of sustainably caught fish. A Lobster Roll is a sandwich traditionally found in New England made of a simple Lobster salad stuffed into a toasted roll and drizzled with butter. Because the very best Lobster Rolls are fairly simple, I like to serve equally classic sides with my rolls.