Refreshing Salmon, Shiso and Lemon Chirashi Sushi. Salmon sashimi and avocado chirashi sushi is a kid-friendly dish of Japanese vinegar garnished with different condiments or additional vegetables. This chirashi don proved that you can succeed in both. Those who are slaves to salmon will surely smile to spot not one but three, fatty slices.
And in general it is like a sushi salad. The ingredients (or "gu") are scattered or topped on sushi rice with no rolling or shaping involved. Chirashi means "scattered" in Japanese and typically refers to a fast-to-make bowl of rice topped with vegetables and sashimi. You can cook Refreshing Salmon, Shiso and Lemon Chirashi Sushi using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Refreshing Salmon, Shiso and Lemon Chirashi Sushi
- You need 2 of rice cooker cups' worth Sushi rice.
- It’s 3 of to 4 tablespoons Lightly salted salmon (grilled and flaked).
- It’s 5 of leaves or more, (to taste) Shiso leaves.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 teaspoons or (to taste) Lemon juice.
This recipe is wonderful, it is like a sushi scramble, just delicious! Shiso (pronounced "she-so") is the Japanese name for an annual herb called Perilla, which belongs to the mint family. Shiso comes in green or purple leaves with a slightly prickly texture and pointy, jagged edges, and it has a unique and vibrant taste that I could describe as herbaceous and citrusy. A simple, elegant Pan Seared Salmon recipe in a lemon browned butter sauce.
Refreshing Salmon, Shiso and Lemon Chirashi Sushi Preparation
- Prepare the sushi rice..
- Flake the cooked salted salmon..
- You can use grilled salmon, or storebought grilled salmon flakes in a jar..
- If you are using store-bought flaked salmon, there will be oil in the bottom of the jar, so try to avoid adding that..
- Mix the salmon into the rice, trying not to crush the rice. Leave to cool..
- When the rice has cooled down, mix in the shredded shiso leaves. If you add the shiso while the rice is still warm it will lose its bright green color..
- When the shiso is mixed in, drizzle over the lemon juice. The amount is up to you, but it's best if you just sense a hint of the lemon-y flavor when you eat the sushi..
- Finished. It was also delicious and refreshing in a bento..
Searing the salmon results in a flaky, juicy salmon filet. When zesting the lemon, make sure you are only getting the yellow portion of the skin and avoid the white pith underneath which can add bitter tones to your recipe. Chirashi sushi is made of sushi rice and a colorful medley of vegetables, egg crepe, sashimi as toppings. Learn how to make this quick and easy recipe! It has most of the ingredients, but I like to throw in some add-ons like shredded eggs crepe, snap peas, and ikura (salmon roe) to make the dish.