Grilled Avocado and Tomato with Cheese and Mayonnaise. Serve this avocado grilled cheese with tomato alongside a bowl of homemade tomato soup or a green salad, and you've got instant dinner. Salt the tomatoes and let them drain for a bit before whipping up the sandwich. Then adding just the right amount of kosher salt on top makes for gooey.
Tomato brings a bright, acidic contrast to the richness of cheese and avocado. Firm, ripe tomatoes will perform best–giving off some, but not too. I started liking grilled cheese & tomato sandwiches years ago at a little restaurant near my office. You can make Grilled Avocado and Tomato with Cheese and Mayonnaise using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled Avocado and Tomato with Cheese and Mayonnaise
- It’s 1/2 of Avocado.
- You need 1/4 of Tomato.
- You need 1 of to 2 tablespoons Salmon flakes (ready made).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Grated garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Cheese.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Black pepper.
I would go about three times a week to order a grilled provolone cheese & tomato sandwich. Today I wanted something different, something a little spicier, so I made up the following recipe. This simple grilled cheese combines gooey Gruyere cheese, avocado, heirloom tomato, and sourdough bread for a grown up grilled cheese treat! This opening photo…was it the most put-together shot I had? …no.
Grilled Avocado and Tomato with Cheese and Mayonnaise Instructions
- Slice the avocado and tomato. Line up on a heat-proof dish..
- Sprinkle some salmon flakes..
- Combine mayonnaise and grated garlic and mix well. Pour over the mixed ingredients from Step 2..
- Place cheese on the ingredients prepared in Step 3. Sprinkle on some black pepper. Grill in the toaster oven for 5 minutes and it's ready..
But I think it captures the glory that is this sandwich. Grilled Cheese with Tomato and Avocado. Spread the mayonnaise on the inside of the remaining slices of bread and place on top of the sandwiches, oiled side up. Celebrate national grilled cheese month with this Grilled Cheese with Avocado and Tomato. Growing up, grilled cheese sandwiches were a menu staple in our house.