Choo Chee Curry with Salmon. Enjoy this Thai red curry base with creamy coconut, fragrant kaffir lime and crispy chicken. It features an easy curry sauce made. Choo Chee curry is always paired with seafood, (even though I think it would be more accurate to call them swimming foods!) The seafood is cooked separately however you like—poached, grilled, steamed, fried or batter-fried—then the Choo Chee curry is poured on top.
Garnish with julienned long red chilli and julienned kaffir. Choo chee curry is typically also used for seafood like fish, shrimp, and in this case scallops. Cook the coconut cream Contrary to my regular recommendation while making some Indonesian dishes for not boiling the coconut milk or cream. You can cook Choo Chee Curry with Salmon using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Choo Chee Curry with Salmon
- Prepare of Salmon fillet 400 g (or 2-3 pieces). Take skin off to grill (optional).
- You need 1-2 tbsp of Red curry paste.
- Prepare 1 of big tin of Coconut milk.
- You need 2 leaves of Kaffir lime leaves for garnishing thinly shredded.
- You need of Red chili pepper for garnishing seedless and thinly sliced 1 whole.
- You need 1/4 cup of Vegetable oil.
- It’s of Fish sauce 1-1½ tbsp or soy sauce if vegans 1-2 tbsp.
- Prepare of Palm sugar 2 tbsp (brown sugar is fine too).
Welcome to our second online cooking show. This episode shows you how to make chu chi Salmon. Keep an eye on our channel for more recipes – easiest way to. Choo chee Salmon – my favourite fish curry served with Thai jasmine …rice.
Choo Chee Curry with Salmon Instructions
- Heat about 2-3 tbsp. of coconut milk in a wok or saucepan over a high heat until coconut milk starts bubbling. Add the red curry paste and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant..
- Add salmon fillets and cook for a few minutes, turn the fish over then add about 5-6 tbsp of coconut milk..
- Then add palm sugar, fish sauce or soy sauce Simmer for about 5 minutes..
- Taste and adjust the saltiness by adding more fish sauce or soy sauce if preferred. Add a few tbsp. of coconut milk and stir well..
- Put salmon skin into the lightly oiled tray in the oven medium heat for 15-20 min.
- To serve, place the salmon chuu chee curry in a large bowl. Garnish with red chilli and finely chopped kaffir lime leaves, crispy skin. Drizzle some coconut milk. Enjoy with steamed riceberry or Jasmine rice.
To serve, place the salmon chuu chee curry in a large bowl. INGREDIENT Meal Kits PRODUCTS Seafood Thai Red Curry. Add the curry paste and cook for half a minute or until fragrant. Choo Chee (or Chu Chee) Curry Recipe with shrimp, scallops or fish – a spicy seafood curry with mushrooms in coconut cream. Chu Chee Shrimp/Scallops & Mushrooms in Coconut (Chu Chee Kung/Hoi Shel Gkap Hed).