Salmon poached in mushroom cream. Spoon sauce over salmon and garnish with more tarragon. Remove the salmon from the poaching liquid with a slotted skimmer and set aside on a warmed plate; keep warm. Easiest Way to Make Tasty Salmon poached in mushroom cream.
You generally don't see a lot of recipes for poached food on this site. Add the garlic and cook over moderately high heat until fragrant. Add the mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. You can make Salmon poached in mushroom cream using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salmon poached in mushroom cream
- It’s 4 of fresh salmon steaks.
- Prepare 1 punnet of mushrooms.
- It’s 250 g of fresh cream.
- You need 1 glass of white wine.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes thickly sliced.
- It’s of To serve: roasted veg and pumpkin seeds.
Remove the salmon from the poaching liquid with a slotted skimmer and set aside on a warmed plate. Spoon sauce over salmon and garnish with more tarragon and fresh lemon. Serve with rice and a glass. In a saucepan or skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
Salmon poached in mushroom cream Step by step
- Heat a heavy based pot on the stove and add glass of wine and water. Bring to a simmer.
- Place salmon steaks into liquid and poach for 5 minutes (salmon should not be fully cooked).
- Remove salmon steaks and add mushrooms and cream.
- Bring mixture to the boil and reduce to a thick paste consistency.
- Season mixture to to taste.
- Layout salmon steaks in a glass baking dish.
- Pour over the creamy paste to cover the salmon.
- Place a few thickly cut tomato slices on top and sprinkle some dry herbs on top.
- Place in a preheated over at 180degC and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with mix of roast veg and sprinkle over some roasted pumpkin seeds.
Whisk in flour, stirring constantly, until a smooth paste is formed. Gradually add milk and reserved liquid from peas, stirring constantly, until a smooth thick gravy is formed. Place salmon, skin side down, in a large high-sided skillet. Cover pan; bring liquid to a simmer over medium heat. To make salmon, pour white wine into a nonstick skillet.