High Plains Country Chicken.
You can make High Plains Country Chicken using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of High Plains Country Chicken
- Prepare 3 of yellow squash.
- It’s 3 of zucchini.
- You need 6-9 of chicken thighs cut your way.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of herbs de provence.
- You need 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 of medium white onion diced.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of powdered ginger.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of powdered garlic.
High Plains Country Chicken Instructions
- Keep it simple! Cut the squash however you want, and dice onion. Put aside the squash, and place the onion into a large-deep skillet with a lid. Pour a little oil in the pan, approx. 3-4 tablespoons. Over medium-high heat stir the onion and coat well in oil. Cook until onion is lightly charred..
- Add yellow squash, zucchini, chicken, herbs de Provence, Ginger, and a light salting. Turn heat down to medium, and place lid on skillet. Let it cook for approximately 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Remove the lid, and set aside. Every 7 minutes, stir the dish. Keep an eye on the bubbles in the skillet. As the dish cooks, we loose water through steam and we get a greater concentration of flavor. This is reduction!. The following pictures are numbered, let them serve as a guide for your cooking experience. When your dish is reduced like the last photo, you can move to step 4..
- Once reduced, you will add the butter and garlic powder, and reduce to medium-low heat. Note: After incorporating butter, your dish should closely resemble this photo..
- Reduce to low heat for about 5-7 min, stirring occasionally. Once reduced, let cool for a few minutes. Salt to taste, and add black pepper..
- Serve over pasta or rice, and enjoy. The dish tastes even better if you allow it to sit over night..