Apple & Cream cheese Stuffed French Toast Sticks.
You can have Apple & Cream cheese Stuffed French Toast Sticks using 5 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple & Cream cheese Stuffed French Toast Sticks
- Prepare of large eggs.
- Prepare of soft fresh white bread.
- You need of milk.
- You need of cold cream cheese.
- You need of apple pie filling (21oz).
Apple & Cream cheese Stuffed French Toast Sticks step by step
- In a flat bottomed bowl crack eggs. And add milk. Wisk together well..
- Place a slice of bread on a plate..
- Cut a thin strip of cream cheese and place on one half of the bread slice..
- Take one slice of apple from the can of pie filling and place on top of the cream cheese..
- Gently fold the bread over and pinch the edges closed a bit..
- Spray griddle or frying pan with nonstick spray..
- Heat pan until hot..
- Roll the bread in the egg mix a few quick times. Don't let it soak to long. Gently let excess drip off back into bowl..
- Place french toast sticks onto hot griddle..
- Cook until browned then flip and cook until browned..
- Stand bread on its edge to cook the fat folded end. If it doesn't stand up on own lean against another one. :).
- Place on serving plate and continue until all the stuff is gone..
- You may have leftovers..
- Serve hot sprinkled with optional powdered sugar and pancake or maple syrup..
- Feeds about 8 people.