Grilled fish and potatoes. Grill or campfire: Preheat a grill to medium high or light a campfire and put a cooking grate in place. Place fish fillets on potatoes, skin-side down; sprinkle with remaining salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Spread the mixture on top of the cod fillets.
What more can you ask for? Wash the fish fillet, pat it dry with paper towels, and lay it flat in the dish, skin side down. Transfer to a plate, and tent with foil. You can make Grilled fish and potatoes using 15 ingredients and 2 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled fish and potatoes
- You need 6-8 of fish fillet (basa,salmon,red snapper, tilapia,mahi mahi).
- It’s 4 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper powder.
- It’s 1/4 of th tsp red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped mint leaves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of refined oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped coriander.
- You need 2 of green chillies.
- It’s 2 of potatoes cut into wedges or cubed.
- You need 1 tsp of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of mixed herbs.
Scrape the grill grate clean, and brush with vegetable oil. Season fish and potatoes with salt and pepper. Using the rosemary stalks as skewers, thread the fish and potatoes onto the stalks. Turn only once halfway through cooking.
Grilled fish and potatoes Preparation
- Marinate fish fillet with little salt,lemon juice and 1 tbsp oil and set aside.Make a paste of coriander,mint,garlic,green chillies and add turmeric and red chilli powder.Steam potatoes or parboil them.Smear the ground paste in fish and potatoes and sprinkle sesame seeds..
- Heat butter in a nonstick pan and roast potatoes turning and tossing till crisp and golden.Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.Drizzle oil in a baking tray and line the marinated fish on a baking tray and grill for 15-20 minutes in a preheated oven(160°C) turning once in between. Grill again for 5 minutes till crisp outside and tender inside.Serve with lemon wedges and mint leaves..
Remove from heat and serve with the curry mayonnaise. Campfire meals made easy when you take advantage of foil-packet recipes. Take a break from traditional hobo dinners and give lemony salmon a try. Grilled cheesy potatoes or cajun green beans round out the menu. These prep-ahead meals will give you a break from last minute prep and late night cleanup.