Best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever had. Sweet, salty, soft, chewy and ludicrously moreish. It is seriously the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever! I have been making these for many, many years and everyone who tries them agrees How to make The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever (how to make easy cookies from scratch).
But the McGhee chocolate chip cookie has a pure vanilla flavor that tastes, somehow, slightly caramelized and a texture that elevates it: a feathery, pillowy texture that I've been on a quest for the perfect old fashioned chocolate chip cookie. Those look great and the uneven edges are a good sign. Meet…the absolute BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe. You can have Best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever had using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever had
- You need 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted butter (melted).
- It’s 3/4 cup of (packed) brown sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 3 cups of chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
They're perfectly soft and chewy and buttery, loaded up with chocolate chips So what is it exactly about this classic chocolate chip cookie recipe that makes it such a winner? Here are a few key CCC factors and tips that I've learned over the years… The result was the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe EVER! This chocolate chip cookie has a perfectly chewy center and crispy edges. I also experimented with chilling the cookie dough.
Best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever had step by step
- Place 1/2 cup oats in a food processor. (You want to make them into a powder)..
- Place them into a medium bowl and whisk together with the oats, 2 1/4 cups AP flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl stir together 1 cup melted butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, & 3/4 cup sugar. Stir until smooth. Then stir in 1 Tbsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, & 2 eggs. Stir until smooth..
- Stir wet mixture into the dry. Mixture will be lumpy..
- Stir in 3 cups chocolate chips & 1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts..
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. *I like silicon mats. Scoop 1/4 cupfuls of dough into balls and place on sheet. (Don’t need to space out because this is just to chill). Cover with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight..
- Preheat 350°.
- Place cookies well spaced on sheet. Slightly depress each ball with palm of have..
- Bake 13-17 minutes.
- DO NOT OVER BAKE. these are best a little bit under done..
- You’re welcome.
- 1 cookie. 401 calories. 47 g carbs. 5g protein. 21g fat. 10g sat fat. 44 mg cholesterol. 199mg sodium. 32g sugar..
If you've read my posts about chilling cookie dough, you will find that I believe it is a pretty important. These are, these have to be, the best chocolate chip cookies, ever. Crispy around the edges, chewy and chocolaty in the middle, and thin, oh so thin. The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. There are a few secrets to the best classic, chewy chocolate chip cookies.