Grilled Salmon Fillet with Yuzu Pepper Paste & Shio Koji.
You can cook Grilled Salmon Fillet with Yuzu Pepper Paste & Shio Koji using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Salmon Fillet with Yuzu Pepper Paste & Shio Koji
- Prepare 2 of Fresh salmon fillets.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Shio-koji.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Yuzu pepper paste.
- It’s of Vegetables to garnish (to preference).
- Prepare 4 of Shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 4 of Shishito peppers.
Grilled Salmon Fillet with Yuzu Pepper Paste & Shio Koji Step by step
- Put the shio koji and yuzu pepper paste into a clean plastic bag and mix well. Add the salmon fillets. Coat the fish with the marinade well. Chill in the fridge overnight..
- Make vertical slices into the peppers and remove the seeds. Remove the stems from the shitake mushrooms and score their caps for decoration..
- Grease a frying pan lightly with oil and place the fish and vegetables. The sides of the fish and vegetables facing up on the pan will be the sides facing down when plated. Cook over medium heat and cover with a lid for 8 to 10 minutes..
- After it's 80% cooked through, flip over and continue to cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes without the lid on. When the insides of the mushroom cups have started to release their moisture, it is time to plate. You don't need to turn them over..
- You don't have to prepare any vegetables to garnish but shiitake mushrooms absorb the salmon umami taste quite well and are delicious..
- I used the cooking method shown inand made just adjustments. The vegetables don't entirely absorb the umami of the salmon when cooked on a grill because all the fat will just drip off..
- If you prepare this fish in the method shown (on a frying pan), it'll turn out fluffier and softer than when cooked on a grill..