Cheesy Squash Casserole. Paula Deen's Cheesy Squash Casserole recipe from Food Network gets its richness from Parmesan, cheddar and a special cracker topping. Zucchini and yellow squash are baked into a bubbling, cheesy casserole for a crowd-pleasing side dish. All Reviews for Cheesy Squash and Zucchini Casserole.
This Spaghetti Squash Casserole tastes remarkably similar to the "Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole" that my mom used to make. Instead of using frozen hash browns, this healthy casserole features. Cheesy squash casserole with crunchy top!! You can make Cheesy Squash Casserole using 8 ingredients and 1 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Squash Casserole
- You need 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- You need 6 of medium yellow squash, thinly sliced and cubed.
- You need 1 of large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 of large tomatoes, sliced and cubed.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 bag of Cheez-it crackers, crushed medium to fine.
Full of flavor and is a wonderful side dish with any Remove ends of squash and discard. Chop or cut squash into small fine pieces. Switch up your side dishes and casseroles at the Thanksgiving table this year and replace with this light and creamy squash. Cheesy Squash Casserole – DELICIOUS side dish for the holidays or summer cookout.
Cheesy Squash Casserole Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 2 quart casserole dish. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the squash, tomatoes, onion and butter until soft. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan, cheddar and sour cream. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Place in the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle the cracker crumbs evenly over the top. Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly..
Even squash hates love this cheesy casserole! Squash, bell pepper, onion, flour, baking powder, milk, eggs. Creamy, cheesy and soft as a cloud with a delightful crunchy top crust. This Easy Cheesy Southern Squash Casserole is like the one your favorite Aunt always brought to family reunions! You can make this squash casserole with cheese in a casserole dish for a more rustic occasion, or in individual ramekins for a more elegant affair.