Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds. Melt butter in a saucepan and sauté the onion. Place squash, cut side down, on a rimmed baking sheet; cover tightly with aluminum foil. The recipe for this thick and creamy acorn squash soup was given to me by a fellow squash lover.
In a large saucepan, saute onion and curry powder in butter until onion is tender. Cut squash in half; remove seeds and fibers. Tips on roasting acorn and butternut squash. You can create Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds
- You need 2 of acorn squash (skin on).
- You need 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of pepper.
- It’s Dash of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need 16 oz of chicken stock (use vegetable stock for vegan).
- You need 16 oz of water.
- You need 1 pint of heavy whipping cream (leave out for vegan).
For roasting vegetables, especially winter squash, you will want uniformized sized pieces. I tried to keep the vegetables simple and wanted the winter squash to shine in this soup, so I only added a large onion and sliced it into large pieces. Place the squash halves cut side down in a baking dish. Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds Step by step
- Chop onion into large chunks and smash garlic cloves and sauté for a few minutes until aromatic. Add salt, pepper and chunks of acorn squash and cook on medium heat for a few minutes..
- Add chicken stock and water and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Blend mixture with immersion blender and add in thyme and honey. Add more seasoning if desired..
- Add whipping cream and serve hot!.
- For toasted acorn squash seeds, clean seeds and dry first. Mix olive oil, a dash or salt and pepper and evenly coat seeds. Bake on 325 for 20 minutes! Serve on top of soup or as a snack for another day..
Learn how Guy Fieri prepares his creamy soup with roasted acorn squash, caramelized shallots and chicken stock. This acorn squash soup is one of our favorite Vitamix soup recipes! It's sweet aroma will fill your kitchen and it's super fast and easy to make! This Vitamix recipe uses evaporated milk but our recipe testers also tried it with a milk substitute to make it a dairy-free, vegan soup and it was just as good! Boneless Chicken Thighs Crock Pot Recipes.