Blackened Asian salmon with crispy ginger sticks.
You can have Blackened Asian salmon with crispy ginger sticks using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blackened Asian salmon with crispy ginger sticks
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Maggi seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of kotteri mirin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 of centre-cut salmon steak, cut into 2 fillets.
- It’s 1 of palm-sized nub ginger, peeled and cut into fine matchsticks.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
Blackened Asian salmon with crispy ginger sticks Instructions
- Combine the liquid ingredients in a shallow dish. Season the skin-side only of the salmon with salt and pepper, and lay the fillets flesh-side down in the marinade. Move on to making the ginger..
- Put 1 in. of veg oil into a medium pot on medium heat. In a small bowl, toss the ginger with the flour. Shake off the excess and fry the ginger in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes until golden and crispy. Remove the ginger sticks to a paper-towel lined plate and sprinkle them lightly with salt. Go back to the salmon..
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium non-stick pan on medium heat. Shake the marinade off the salmon and lay the fillets skin-side down in the pan. Let cook for 5 minutes, basting the salmon frequently with the marinade. Flip the fillets over and let cook 4 minutes on the other side. Serve the salmon topped with the ginger sticks..