Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice).
You can have Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice) using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice)
- You need 2.5 cups of thick Puffed Rice.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2-3 of Potato.
- You need 3 of Green chilli.
- It’s 1 tsp of Raw mango shredded (optional).
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 3-4 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Urrad dal.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Channa dal.
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need Leaves of Curry.
- You need 3 of cashews.
- You need 10-15 of Peanuts.
- It’s 0.5 tsp of Turmeric.
- It’s 0.25 tsp of Hing.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of For topping:.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- It’s 1 of tomato.
- You need of Sev (optional).
- You need 0.25 tsp of Aamchur Powder (optional).
- Prepare Pinch of chat masala powder(optional).
- Prepare of Yogurt (side).
Aloo Poha (Potato Puffed Rice) step by step
- Soak Poha in water adding a tsp of salt and sugar for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes drain the water..
- Now in a pan take oil + mustard seeds + Urrad dal + Channa dal + curry leaves + cumin seeds. Let it splutter..
- Now add turmeric + Hing + Peanuts + Ginger + chilli to the same pan and sauté for a awhile..
- Now add onion + raw mango and sauté for 5-10 minutes.
- Now add potato and keep it in simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt.
- Once it’s cooked, add rinsed Poha and sauté well. Add salt + sugar + lemon + coriander leaves. Keep it in low flame for 5 minutes..
- Now transfer delicious poha to a plate. You can add chopped tomatoes + carrot as topping. Also garnish by adding chaat masala + Aamchur powder + Sev and serve it with curd (yoghurt).