You can cook Lobster Bisque using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lobster Bisque
- It’s 8 tablespoons of butter, divided.
- It’s 1 cup of diced yellow onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced celery.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced carrots.
- It’s 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dried savory.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried tarragon.
- You need 1 cup of cream sherry.
- It’s 3/4 lb of cooked and peeled lobster tails.
- It’s 2 cups of Heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
Lobster Bisque step by step
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large pot and saute onion, carrots, and celery for 8-10 minutes or until soft..
- Remove half of the veggies from the pan and set aside. Add tomato paste to the pot and roast for 1 minute, then add stock, garlic, savory, tarragon, and sherry. Bring to a boil, add ¼ pound of Lobster and blend using an immersion blender. Add cream and return to a boil..
- In the meantime, make a roux by melting the remaining butter in a nonstick pan and then adding the flour and stirring until mixed and flour begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir the roux into the soup..
- Once the soup has thickened, add back the reserved veggies and remaining Lobster. Let the lobster warm in the soup for a few minutes, then serve with parmesan..