Kwetiau Goreng (Fried Rice-flat Noodle) – Indonesia. Great recipe for Kwetiau Goreng (Fried Rice-flat Noodle) – Indonesia. Indonesian cuisine that is easily found in Chinese restaurants and street vendors in Indonesia such in Bandung and Jakarta. Kwetiaw, kuetiau, kwetiau, kuetiaw. whatever 🙂 Kwetiaw Goreng/Kwetiau Goreng (Fried Flat Rice Noodles) is another popular dish in Indonesia.
The size of rice stick noodles used is normally wide (XL size). Kwetiau goreng (Indonesian for 'fried flat noodle') is a Chinese Indonesian stir fried flat rice noodle dish from Indonesia and popular in Southeast Asia. This flavorful and spicy fried noodle dish is common in Indonesia. You can have Kwetiau Goreng (Fried Rice-flat Noodle) – Indonesia using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kwetiau Goreng (Fried Rice-flat Noodle) – Indonesia
- It’s 1 of plate of Kwetiau noodle.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 3 tbs of cooking oil.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s of <>Ground seasoning:.
- Prepare 1 clove of onion.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground white pepper.
- You need 1/2 of peace of candlenut.
- You need of Bird eye chili if you like.
- It’s of <>as much as you want of (you can skip tho):.
- You need of Bok choy.
- It’s of Cabbage.
- You need of Carrot.
- You need of Sausages/meat ball/cooked chicken meat/cooked seafood.
- You need of Sweet soy sauce (usually I use 2-3 tbs).
- Prepare of Tomato sauce (usually 1-2 tbs).
- Prepare of Chopped celery.
It is made from noodles, locally known as kwetiau, which are stir fried in cooking oil with garlic, onion or shallots, beef, chicken, fried prawn, crab or sliced bakso. A plate of vegetarian kwetiau goreng/fried flat rice noodles/char kway teow/炒粿條. How to cook a proper kwetiau goreng/char kway teow. The best tool to cook a proper kwetiau goreng, or any Chinese fried rice or fried noodles dish, is a wok and on high heat.
Kwetiau Goreng (Fried Rice-flat Noodle) – Indonesia Step by step
- If you have dried kwetiau noodle, prepare it as the instruction on the packaging. If you have the fresh one, make sure you separate it each other (not stick each other) by soak it in cold water..
- Cut off the vegetables, sausages, meatball and the chicken. Cut the carrot into slices..
- Heat the cooking oil and stir fry the ground seasoning.
- Set aside the seasoning before it totally cooked then add the egg and stir-fry.
- Add the carrot first and then other vegetables, sausages/meatball/chicken/seafood, the noodle, sweet soy sauce, tomato sauce and water.
- After a while, add the celery, evaluate the taste. You can add cucumber as garnish..
- Enjoy it and welcome to Indonesia :).
Chinese have a term called "wok hei", which translates to the breath of the wok. Whenever we order fried rice/fried noodles from a. Kwetiaw, kuetiau, kwetiau, kuetiaw. whatever :). Noodles are an essential ingredient and staple in Chinese cuisine. Chinese noodles vary widely according to the region of production, ingredients, shape or width, and manner of preparation.