Mabo Dofu. The Japanese-style Mapo Tofu (Mabo Dofu) is incredibly flavorful but less spicy than the Sichuan-style. Chinese Mabo Tofu. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Mabo Dofu. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
This mapo tofu recipe is the true blue, authentic real deal—the spicy, tongue-numbing, rice-is-absolutely-not-optional mapo tofu that you get in the restaurants! Mapo tofu is one of the top ten famous Chinese dishes and enjoys a high popularity among not only Chinese people but also many western countries. Mapo tofu (麻婆豆腐, ma po dou fu) is one of the most popular classic Sichuan dishes. You can create Mabo Dofu using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mabo Dofu
- You need of Flour-Water Slurry.
- You need 1/4 c of flour.
- You need 1/3 of to 1/2 c of water.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- It’s to taste of (sea) salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 c of dashi (dried Japanese fish stock) or 1-2 tbsp of miso or 1-2 chicken bouillion [this is really to taste, since it's used to add the most savory flavour].
- It’s 1 pinch of turmeric powder (for color) OPTIONAL.
- It’s 1 pinch of paprika (for color) OPTIONAL.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground chili or 1 tbsp of fresh spicy pepper (I use habanero) OPTIONAL.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 4 of baby bok choy, sliced or diced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 stalks of celery, sliced or diced.
- You need 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 box of soft tofu, cut into small cubes.
- It’s 1/2 lb of ground beef or other (about beef/pork/turkey: be sure to "cut" into small pieces when cooking so you don't end up with meat clumped together).
It has a spicy, pungent, and appetizing flavor that goes perfectly with steamed rice. Mapo Doufu, or Mabo Tofu (マーボー豆腐) is a popular Chinese dish in Japan. Sweeter and less spicy than the Sichuan original Mabo Tofu. If you've reached this point your sauce should be prepared and at Final Thoughts.
Mabo Dofu Preparation
- In a small bowl mix the water and flour, gradually adding the flour. Be sure that it's not too thin or too thick. Set aside mixture for later. Note: It should feel like you've added a bit of water to some honey, still somewhat thick but moves a lot smoother..
- In a pan, add some oil and saute the meat until brown. Season lightly with salt. Add the veggies and cook till soft, then add the tofu last. Note: Garlic and spicy pepper should be cooked last among the vegetables to avoid burning..
- Add your seasonings, then the flour-water slurry and mix thoroughly immediately. If it seems like it's too thick, add some water to thin it out. When everything has thickened up nicely and sticks together more or less, it's done! Serve over rice..
- THIS IS NOT A STEP; if you feel that the ingredient list is way too long then just go with a basic mabo dofu recipe using just the ground meat, your choice of veggies and the dashi, soy sauce, sesame oil and salt. That's really all you need, everything else is just my preference, such as the habanero..
And that's how I make Japanese-style Mabo tofu! Mapo Tofu – Learn how to make flavorful, and delicious Chinese mapo tofu with this easy recipe that you can make at home and better than restaurants. Mapo Tofu (Mabo Dofu). by justonecookbookrecipes. Просмотр. Просмотр. Просмотр. Киберспорт. Киберспорт. Киберспорт. Музыка. Музыка. Музыка. Больше. Поиск. Enjoy one of Japan's favourite Chinese-style dishes with this recipe for mabo tofu. Homepage > Recipes > Tofu Recipes > Mapo Tofu Recipe (Chinese Sichuan dish with Tofu and Ground Pork).