Five-Spice Tofu Stir-Fry. Remove from pan and set aside. This is my all time favorite stir-fry. It has such a yummy flavor and it tastes just as good as some Chinese foods I've had at restaurants.
Serve tofu and vegetables with rice – a dish that's ready in about an hour! MORE+ LESS This stir-fry with snappy green beans and rice has a hint of chili and a gingery kick for a tasty and filling meal with that takes all of five minutes to cook. A filling and simple stir-fry which can be thrown together in just half an hour. You can create Five-Spice Tofu Stir-Fry using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Five-Spice Tofu Stir-Fry
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetarian oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sodium-reduced soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1 packages of medium-firm tofu, drained.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Five-Spice powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of hot pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 head of bok choy, chopped.
- Prepare 8 oz of shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and halved.
I was not aware of how tasty the Five Spice seasoning can be until I thought about seasoning my tofu with it. oh how amazing! From now on I will continue to. Five Spice Tofu Stir-Fry. with Soba Noodles & Chile-Apricot Sauce. Once the oil is hot, add the tofu and sprinkle with the Chinese five-spice and ¼ tsp salt.
Five-Spice Tofu Stir-Fry Instructions
- whisk together broth, oyster sauce, cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar, and 1/2 cup water..
- cut tofu into 1-inch cubes; gently toss with five-spice powder. In wok or skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry tofu until golden, about four minutes. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate..
- heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry garlic and hot pepper flakes for about 30 seconds. add bok choy and mushrooms; stir-fry for 3 minutes..
- stir in tofu and broth mixture; bring to boil. reduce heat and simmer, covered, until sauce is thickened and vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes..
Tofu, rice noodles, bell peppers, and snow peas are stir fried and spiced with a chili garlic paste to make this recipe for spicy tofu stir fry. My tofu stir fry has lots of sliced shiitake mushrooms for an added savory/smoky note along with large diced onions which add a little sweetness. This peanut tofu stir fry is delicious at dinner and the leftovers make for a great lunch the next day. The flavors have a minute to mesh together and like a. How to serve five spice tofu with chili ginger sauce.